Sunday, November 26, 2017

Terrific Beef and Broccoli in my Instant Pot - So good!


Tonight I made a super easy and super yummy Beef and Broccoli dinner.  It's probably pretty much the same as most Beef and Broccoli recipes you'll find for the Instant Pot but this is how I did it.

 The first tip I have is to cook the broccoli first then add it to the finished beef mixture. The reason I do that is because I like it to keep from getting too soft. 
So, here I have it in a steamer in the Instant Pot and I'll steam it for 2 minutes.  You can see from the photo on the right the finished broccoli keeps nice color.


 I also cook rice while early.  I like to cook it in my Mini Pot because it will keep it warm until everything else is ready.  I really love using the electric pressure cooker to make rice because it turns out perfect.

 Prepping all the ingredients makes things so easy.  This recipe calls for ...

 1 small onion chopped
 3 cloves of crushed garlic (I used 1 1/2 tsp minced from a jar)
1 to 1 1/2 lb beef cut into chunks
3 tbsp. sesame oil
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/3 C soy sauce
1/4 C beef broth
1/2 C brown sugar
1 lb broccoli1
2 tbsp. corn starch
2 tbsp. water

Add both oils to pot on the saute setting.  Saute the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the beef and brown slightly.  It will cook in the process so you don't have to brown very much.  Then add the soy, beef broth and brown sugar.  Close the pot and cook on manual for 10 minutes.  When it's finished quick release the pressure.  While the pressure is releasing mix the corn starch and water. Add the broccoli and mix it in.  Then put the top back on for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is hot. Then add the corn starch mixture to the pot and stir until it's thickened.


 OH MY GOODNESS!  It smells wonderful and look how yummy it looks in the pot!

Serve it over the hot rice for a delicious meal.






I hope you try this and I hope you love it.  If you have any tips or ideas for this recipe let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment