Sunday, December 3, 2017

Chicken Curry in 15 minutes!

This is my favorite brand of curry.
 When we lived in Japan we used to have something they called Vermont Curry.  It was a mild curry that was perfect with chicken.  One time I was at my friend Masayo's house and she was making Vermont Curry for us to have for dinner.  I noticed the box she was using and realized that what I thought was some kind of secret, super special yummy curry was something I had seen in American grocery stores.  This comes in three flavors, there is a green box, a red box and this orange box.  I don't know what the other ones taste like because I have only ever used this brand. 
Anyway, you can see that I followed the directions and put 2 1/2 cups of water in the pot.  Then I broke the curry pieces up and dropped them in.   I used two leftover chicken breasts, a couple carrots, 4 or 5 small potatoes and a couple stalks of celery.  I chopped them up and dropped them in too.

I closed up my Instant Pot and set it on manual for 4 minutes.  Before I started on the curry I had already put rice in my little mini pot.  Rice in the Instant Pot comes out perfect every time.  One big secret is to rinse the rice really good before you put it in the pot.  White rice is a 1:1 ratio of rice to water.  I also put a little drop of butter in there too.  That helps with foaming.  When it's done just fluff it with a fork and there ya go...perfect rice!

After the Curry cooked for 4 minutes I released pressure and all I had to do was stir it around a bit to mix it all together.  Here's the finished meal.  Delicious!  Chicken Curry over rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment