Sunday, April 26, 2015

Plans for a great dinner!

I will be a little short on time tomorrow after work so I had to think of a something yummy but quick and easy for dinner.  With all the goodies I have preserved in my pantry it isn't hard.  So, I'm going to use some of my frozen egg noodles, canned chicken thighs, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and Parmesan cheese.  While the noodles cook I'll take the liquid from the canned chicken thighs and mix it with the cream of chicken soup and a little sour cream and some mushrooms and Parmesan cheese and of course some herbs like parsley and parika. No measurements here, just what looks good. When the noodles are done I'll drain them and then put them in a casserole dish.  Then I'll gently turn the soup mixture into the noodles.  The heat from the noodles will loosen up the mixture and blend it in nicely.  Then I'll take the chicken thighs and place them on top of the noodles.  I'll pop that into the oven at about 350 until the thighs are hot and the noodle mixture bubbles.  When that happens I'll turn on the broiler for a couple minutes just to brown the top of the thighs (it looks nicer that way).  With some home canned green beans and corn bread (I'm making that today) we'll have a nice dinner quick and easy.  YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment